Martin Husovec [pronounce as Husovets, or Husoveck] is an Assistant Professor of Law at The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). His scholarship deals with questions of innovation policy and digital liberties, in particular, regulation of intellectual property and freedom of expression.
Martin Husovec obtained his Ph.D. from the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, and Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich for his work on injunctions against intermediaries (published with Cambridge University Press, 2017). Between 2015-2020, he was Assistant Professor at Tilburg University, the Netherlands, appointed jointly by Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology, and Society (TILT) and Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC). He held visiting appointments at Stanford Law School (2014), the Japanese Institute for Intellectual Property (2015), the Central European University (2018) the European University Institute (2018), and Cambridge University (2019). Martin is/was a fellow at Stanford Law School’s Center for Internet & Society (CIS), CREATe, and TILEC.
Martin is a member of the European Copyright Society (ECS), a group of prominent European copyright scholars. He is also a co-founder of a think-tank, European Information Society Institute, which acts as amicus curiae before the European Court of Human Rights, and operates a domain name dispute resolution system for skTLD. He was an advisor to the President of the Slovak Constitutional Court, national ministries in Europe and Asia, and various EU institutions in the areas of intellectual property, freedom of expression, and privacy. His work was repeatedly cited by Advocate Generals at the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- Assistant Professor at The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Affiliated Researcher at Stanford University, Center for Internet and Society, (12/2014–Present)
- CREATe Fellow at University of Glasgow (2020-Present)
- TILEC Extramural Fellow at Tilburg University (07/2020-Present)
- Assistant Professor at Tilburg Law School, Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology, and Society (TILT) and Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC) (10/2015-06/2020)
- Visiting Fellow at Cambridge University, Faculty of Law (9-10/2019)
- Visiting Fellow at the European University Institute (EUI) (9-10/2018)
- Visiting Professor at Central European University (CEU) (02/2018; 04/2019)
- Guest Lecturer at Leibniz University, Institüt für Rechtsinformatik (09/2015-12/2016)
- Visiting Researcher at Stanford University, Center for Internet and Society (04/2014–06/2014)
- Invited Researcher at the Institute of Intellectual Property in Tokyo (09/2015–10/2015)
- Tutor at the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (01/10/2013–30/09/2015)