Welcome to my DSA corner! This page collects useful materials about the DSA.
If you subscribe to this blog, you will soon get regular DSA updates.
The final text of the Digital Services Act. Are you new to DSA? Start with my DSA primer.
Also watch out for Martin Husovec, and Irene Roche Laguna, Principles of the Digital Services Act (Oxford University Press, Forthcoming in late 2023). You can also join one of my Short Courses on the EU Digital Services Act offered to the public by the London School of Economics (16-hour executive education course, held online; the upcoming slot is in February 2023).
The latest DSA news.
- The DSA Newsletter #2Here is a roundup of useful resources on the DSA from November and December 2022. Verfassunsblog symposium The symposium that I mentioned last time led to a wonderful collection of essays by scholars working on the DSA. I definitely recommend all the pieces, especially Folkert Wilman’s piece on where the […]
- The DSA Newsletter #1In the coming months, I want to share some useful DSA resources on a bi-weekly or monthly basis. Here is the first batch of the DSA-related resources that I found useful and want to share with you. The DSA was published as Regulation (EU) 2022/2065 of the European Parliament and […]
- The DSA text is officially outThe Official Journal of the European Union just published the final text of the Digital Services Act (.pdf).
- Trusted Content CreatorsThe Digital Services Act reignited the debates about how to treat professional journalists in the see of user-generated content which is often of doubtful quality. Some even go as far as to suggest that journalistic content should be entirely carved out of platform responsibilities or that the content shall enjoy […]
- Mere conduit services: Internet access providers; WiFi; domain name registries; VPN services; messaging apps (without cloud storage); browsers;
- Caching services: content delivery networks
- Hosting services: social networks; content-sharing services; marketplaces; discussion forums; some sharing economy services and messaging services (with cloud storage); cloud services; web hosting services; app stores
- Online platforms: social networks; content-sharing services; marketplaces; app stores