Posted in Court of Justice, intellectual property, international private law, ISP, mylife
What will year 2011 bring us?
Huťko would like wish happy New Year to all of his readers. He hopes that 2011 will bring you as much of joy in your life as possible. Huťko likes this quote by Edith Lovejoy Pierce.
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”
And what are the “opportunities” for the Court of Justice this year?
- Sabam C-360/10 (scope of injunctions against the intermediary)
- Interflora C-323/09 (keyword advertising and hosting safe harbour)
- Loreal v. eBay C-324/09 (intermediary liability)
- Scarlet Extended C-70/10 (scope of injunctions against the intermediary)
- Bonnier Audio C-461/10 (intermediary’s duty to disclose IP address in civil dispute)
- eDate Advertising C-509/09 (country of origin principle of e-commerce directive)
- Cornelia Buschmann C-292/10 (country of origin principle of e-commerce directive)
- Wintersteiger C-523/10 (keyword advertising and jurisdiction issues)
- EDRi C-NOT/YET (validity of data retention provisions)
Plus at the legislative level we could await especially following issues to be discussed:
- amending of e-commerce directive,
- amending of data protection laws and
- consultation on data retention directive (see this video).
Huťko assumes that lots of interesting stuff will happen in 2011, taking into account his state exams, end of his masters, travel plans and new opportunities that are waiting out there. Cheers!
2 thoughts on “What will year 2011 bring us?”
Maybe also new orphan works directive and collecting societies directive (see the digital agenda)…
Thanks for hint Zuzka 🙂 And maybe also new IP enforcement directive ..