What will year 2011 bring us?
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.”
And what are the “opportunities” for the Court of Justice this year?
- Sabam C-360/10 (scope of injunctions against the intermediary)
- Interflora C-323/09 (keyword advertising and hosting safe harbour)
- Loreal v. eBay C-324/09 (intermediary liability)
- Scarlet Extended C-70/10 (scope of injunctions against the intermediary)
- Bonnier Audio C-461/10 (intermediary’s duty to disclose IP address in civil dispute)
- eDate Advertising C-509/09 (country of origin principle of e-commerce directive)
- Cornelia Buschmann C-292/10 (country of origin principle of e-commerce directive)
- Wintersteiger C-523/10 (keyword advertising and jurisdiction issues)
- EDRi C-NOT/YET (validity of data retention provisions)
- amending of e-commerce directive,
- amending of data protection laws and
- consultation on data retention directive (see this video).